Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Work In Progress

More additions, and I have to say that these are my 2 favorite looking units in my entire collection. The Forge World Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought is a sweet model. Expensive as hell... I thought about buying 2 more Dreads for the price of this one, but I think it will be worth it when it is finished and on the table. I got 4 of the Scout Bike squad used, and bought the 5th and made him my Sergeant. I love the power fist on the bike, leading his unit. I still think I may switch out 1 bolter for another grenade launcher.

Here is the Scout Bike Squad, with the Sergeant freshly assembled, and the basing added before priming.



 
The Venerable is a great looking model. I decided to not put the large banner/standard on the model. I'm just not a fan of it on the Dread, similar to my Ironclad not having one. I used the other banner as an objective, and I think I may do the same with this one. Here it is so far, with a once over base-coat. I probably won't have time to try and sit down to finish him until at least next week.






1 comment: