Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought

Well, that didn't take long. After putting him together and base coating him, I just couldn't look at the model without wanting to finish it. The last "vehicle" model I purchase is in fact the first I ever finish painting for my Ultramarines! I'm happy with how everything turned out except for maybe the gold. It looks worse in pictures than in person, so at least he will look great on the table top. I paint for play anyways, haha.

So here is my Forge World Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought:



3 comments:

  1. Looks good--but where's the banner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of the banner on top of the Dread. Plus it's a nightmare to transport. My Ironclad doesn't have his added either.

    I'm planning on using it with a Standard Bearer, or probably more likely as an objective marker (maybe with a Space Marine Casualty model).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dread is one of my favourite models out from FW. I like it so much its the sole reason I went to Gamesday last year and got it pre-release. I like what you have done with yours, the gold has a lovely burnished feel to it. Only thing I would say could be done is maybe highlight some of the armour plates a bit.

    I have to agree, the banner is a pain in the buttocks to transport but I personally think its one of the best features on the dread.

    ReplyDelete