Thursday, October 29, 2009

Idaeus, Captain of the 4th Company (Special Character)

Globalsmack posted up some character creation rules over at his blog: 40K Armageddon!

Using the rules, I created THE special character for my army of 4th Company Ultramarines: Captain Idaeus. Here he is, please leave your feedback.


Idaeus 265 points
Ultramarine Captain of the 4th Company, Master of the Fleet
(Chapter Master HQ slot)

WS-6 BS-5 S-4/6 T-4 W-3 I-5 A-3 LD-10 SV-2+/3+i

Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Iron Halo, Orbital Bombardment

Relic Blade, Storm Shield, Artificer Armor, Jump Pack

Eternal Warrior, Furious Charge*

(Skills marked with a “*” are usable by any squad the character is attached to.)

Basically I used the Chapter Master HQ choice rather than the regular Captain because Idaeus is the Master of the Fleet, giving him access to the Orbital Bombardment. I did not upgrade any other stats because I did not think he should be better in combat stat-wise than Marneus Calgar, but I did upgrade him with Eternal Warrior and Furious Charge.

Basically he is the same point cost as Marneus Calgar, without the great abilities, but he gets Furious Charge (for him and his unit) and fits better leading an army of my 4th Company Ultramarine Space Marines.






Here is the model I converted originally to represent Idaeus, even before Global posted his rules. He is painted more now, but not completed yet. I'll update when I finish him.


So what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Idaeus died like ages ago, the 4th company is lead by uriel ventris

    madmarsden

    ReplyDelete