Monday, June 14, 2010

8th Edition, 'Ard Boyz, and my Skaven!



Just in case you have been living under a rock, 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy is being released July 10th! I'm really looking forward to the new changes, and I'm scouring the different blogs, forums, and podcasts daily for new information on rules changes and rumors. I can't wait to hit up my local GW Hobby Center for an 8th Edition Demo Game.

Just a month after the new edition is released, we have the 2010 'Ard Boyz tournament. Along with my Skaven musings, I have been tinkering with lists that are made with the rumored 8th Edition army composition rules, which are supposedly again a percentage system!

25% max lords (includes mounts)
25% max heroes
25% MIN core
50% max special
25% max rare





I'm unsure about the list so far, but I think I will be play testing before and after 8th edition is released. So far I'm not sure how the HPA will perform next Edition, with a possible abundance of flaming attacks and strength potions, and the flaming attacks removing regeneration for an entire turn. Also, with the removal of guessing for cannons (I thought I read this somewhere... still rumored), I may include my Warp Lightning Cannon and some of my Poison Wind Mortars instead of one of the HPA's. Here is the list:

Lords (725)
Vermin Lord
Warlord, war-litter, skalm, w-e-w, rival hide

Heroes (361)
Plague Priest, lvl 2, plague furnace, flail
Chieftain, BSB, shield

Core (788)
25 Storm Vermin, fc, Storm Banner
25 Clan Rats, fc, shields, spears
25 Clan Rats, fc, shields, spears
20 Slaves, musician
20 Slaves, musician
20 Slaves, musician
20 Slaves, musician
5 Giant Rats, 1 Pack Master
5 Giant Rats, 1 Pack Master
5 Giant Rats, 1 Pack Master
5 Giant Rats, 1 Pack Master

Special (470)
25 Plague Monks, fc, Plague Banner
5 Plague Censer Bearers
5 Plague Censer Bearers
5 Plague Censer Bearers

Rare (650)
Hell Pit Abomination, warp spikes
Hell Pit Abomination, warp spikes
Doomwheel

2 comments:

  1. I've played around with making an 8th ed list, but the results keep coming out ridiculously similar to my 7th ed lists. I think I need to 1) embrace the monsters and run 3 total HPAs/Doomwheels (as opposed to 1 of each and, more importantly, 2) see how the rules have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I realize that the list will probably play very differently, and in the month between 8th release and 'Ard Boyz, this is the list I will be learning the rules with as I play test.

    ReplyDelete