Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Event updates

So I've been posting a bit about practicing for Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, but now I know what other events are upcoming the rest of the year. I don't get to play in too many events year round, so for now I am happy to be playing in these:

August 28, Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz
October 23, Chapter Only 40K Tournament
November, Warhammer Fantasy Tournament

I'm really oping to find some more Fantasy tournaments locally. Please let me know if there are any scheduled for this year.

I am focused on Fantasy 8th Edition and 'Ard Boyz at the moment, but I am going to want to keep 40K on my mind. Last year's Chapter Only Tournament was a ton of fun, with interesting army list restrictions. The lists were 1250 points, and you could take up to 2 of each non-Troop force org slot. BUT, you could not duplicate any of the non-Troop choices. Last year I played with my Ultramarines and placed 3rd. This year I am going to focus more on painting a list fully and having fun. The tournament details haven't been released yet, so this is what I am thinking about starting to play around with to practice with my Space Wolves (the tournament might not be the same points or restrictions). Any thoughts?


Wolf Guard Battle Leader on a thunderwolf, 2 fenrisian wolves, frost blade, storm shield
Rune Priest, terminator armor, jaws, murderous hurricane
5 Wolf Scouts, melta gun, power weapon
3 Wolf Guard, power armor, power fists
10 Grey Hunters, 2 melta guns, power weapon, wolf standard, drop pod
9 Grey Hunters, melta gun, power weapon, wolf standard, drop pod
7 Grey Hunters, melta gun, power weapon, wolf standard, drop pod
6 Long Fangs, 5 missile launchers

1249

No comments:

Post a Comment