Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Begins.

I am kicking off the year right, by finishing an army and entering my first tournament! No painting resolutions that I may or may not complete, but finishing my first complete army in years is a big step. I started the new Skaven in November when they were released, and now I have 2250 points painted. Well almost painted, I am finishing my Abomination, bases, and movement trays this week before the tournament on January 10. Hopefully I will have a full gallery of photos of Clan Rictus by weeks end. I also need to come up with an army tray to display them and transfer between tables for this weekend. That is dead last on the to-do list but I need something minimal at least for Sunday.

Also starting right after the tournament is the Great Lakes Warhammer League, which I will be participating for the first time. The system is a series of 5 games with composition and magic rules, and bonuses for painting. There is a league championship and tournament to end the season. I am bracketed in the Wayne Division, and the full division includes: 3 Skaven armies, 2 Vampire Counts, 2 Orcs and Goblins, 1 Dwarf, 1 Daemons of Chaos, and 1 Warriors of Chaos. With the fixed lists in, all 3 Skaven players are running Gray Seers... kind of making me wish I played my Warlord.


As far as 40k goes, today starts the 40k Fight Club Ravager Campaign in which I will be playing my Ultramarines. The campaign focuses on the defense of the city of Volstad from the Conquerors. There are different sectors to play in all with different special rules. My goal for the Ultras this year is to get a fully painted tournament level army. I've had most all of my infantry painted for months, and my Venerable Dreadnought and 1 tank, but I have a lot left unpainted. I guess it technically could be called a resolution, but I'm not going to expect much. I need to get some HQ's painted first and then do some serious tank painting.

So there we go. 2010 starts with a flurry of action hobby-wise, and a non-resolution resolution. Pics of the painted Skaven SOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment