Thursday, January 27, 2011

GLWL Fixed List

Part of the rules system for the Great Lakes Warhammer League is that you must turn in a "Fixed List". You must provide a subset of your army list to the League Office prior to the first gaming round that consists of at least 1,500 points. The point difference between the size of your fixed portion and 2,500 points are your variable points (e.g. the maximum amount of variable points you will have available is 1000). You cannot modify this fixed portion by adding or subtracting models in units, wargear or magic items on characters, etc. Your wizards listed must also list their Lore, and may not change them through the season.

This means that you build your army's core, and can change the rest to tailor based on your opponent's Fixed List and what you think they may bring with the rest of their list. The Fixed Lists are available for ALL league participants to view.

Lets have a look at my Fixed List for this year's GLWL:

1 Warlord @ 228.0 Pts, General; Heavy Armour; Shield; Warlitter, Blade of Corruption, Talisman of Preservation, Potion of Strength

1 Warlock Engineer @ 150.0 Pts, Magic Level 2, Doom Rocket, Warp-Energy Condenser

1 Chieftain @ 122.0 Pts, Shield; Battle Standard, Armour of Destiny

30 Stormvermin @ 245.0 Pts, Halberd; Heavy Armour; Fangleader; Standard; Musician, Banner of the Eternal Flame

30 Clanrats @ 220.0 Pts, Light Armour; Clawleader; Shields; Standard; Musician, Poisoned Wind Mortar

30 Clanrats @ 220.0 Pts, Light Armour; Clawleader; Shields; Standard; Musician, Poisoned Wind Mortar

40 Skavenslaves @ 82.0 Pts, Slave Musician

40 Skavenslaves @ 82.0 Pts, Slave Musician

5 Gutter Runners @ 90.0 Pts, 2ndWeapon; Poisoned Attacks; Sling; Throwing Stars

5 Gutter Runners @ 90.0 Pts, 2ndWeapon; Poisoned Attacks; Sling; Throwing Stars

1 Warp Lightning Cannon @ 90.0 Pts

1619



My fixed list is 1619 rather than closer to 1500, because my math was wrong on my initial list turned in. So my list remains the same, but the points were corrected.

I went with the Warlord General. I figured it would be best to leave it as an OPTION for each opponent whether I wanted the Grey Seer in there. I know they will be assuming it will be there, so I have that advantage because I already know 1 opponent this season where I will be leaving him in my case in favor of other options. The Warlord is more durable with the two Lizardmen players in my division with Cupped Hands as well.

What I have been doing lately for all my tournaments is just massive amounts of Core. I am keeping up the trend and choosing what I support it with carefully. This time I get to choose based on each individual game. Lots of people shy away from the Storm Vermin, but they are one of my favorites. Halberds and initiative 5 really give them the punch I don't have in any other Skaven unit I use, other than just the mass of attacks that Plague Monks offer.... but Plague Monks aren't Core.

My support portion of my fixed list is 2 units of Gutter Runners, and a Warp Lightning Cannon. These are cheaper and always included in my army. It also makes opponents think twice when they KNOW they will be facing the poison slinging, infiltrating Gutter Runners. If I had done my math correctly I would have dropped the Warp Lightning Cannon from my fixed list, but as it stands it would have been in every list.


Games 1 and 2 are coming up this Saturday. I will be painting all tonight and hopefully not too much tomorrow to finish my Warp Lightning Cannon in time to get my fully painted army (which is worth 100 bonus Victory Points).

No comments:

Post a Comment